Thursday, April 21, 2011

landscape!!

contact sheet
5x7 swatch for 8x10
This is my 8x10. My favorite part about this photo is the water. I think that it really contrasts well with the darkness of the trees and gives the photo a sense of mystery.
I really like all of the geometric shapes and lines in this photo. However I do think it could be a little bit darker and it maybe could have used a filter.
I really like the leading line of the dock in this photograph. It takes your eye right down the center and it runs along side the reflection of the sun in the water.
My favorite thing about this photograph is the symmetry. It is very organized and the repetition of the same shape makes an interesting pattern and creates a rhythm throughout the photo.

I like this photo because although this was a landscape project, I was able to incorporate something that made the photo a lot more interesting to look at. Without the flowers hanging down in front, the landscape would be very boring and there would be nothing special within it. With the added depth the photograph has more than one component and it is now more than just a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment