Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still life

I really like this photo because of the shadow being cased on the wall behind the slinky. I think it adds interest to the photo and gives it more depth.
My favorite part of this photo is the reflection of the spools of thread on the table. I don't think this photo would have been as interesting if I would have taken it on carpet or a white piece of paper. This surface in which I chose to take the photo on really made a difference.
For me, the best part of the photo are the bubbles on the stems. I think that the lighting is also done very well. It is going right in between the stems, lighting them from behind as well as illuminating the bubbles.

I like this photo because although it is a still life, I have photographed the movement of bubbles. I really like the contrast of the white bubbles and the black backdrop, it adds a sense of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment