Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can't buy me love...

This is my contact sheet for the "Word" project. When I first got this topic I immediately thought about meaningful gifts or items that I have received from people. I also thought about my cats. With animals, what you put in in what you get out. If you show your animals love and affection then that is what you will receive from them, they cannot be bought with money or gifts.
My favorite part of this photo is the lighting. When I originally took this I didn't think that the shadows would turn out this drastic but I really like it. It also shows how cute Billy is :).
I like this photo a lot because I think it shows that cats have a personality just like dogs or people. Cats are notorious for being selfish, reserved animals that don't care for their masters but this photo reveals the fun, lovable, involved characteristics of many cats.
This star lamp was given to me by my cousin, usually she spends tons of money on big expensive gifts but for Christmas this year she decided to take the simpler route. This has been my favorite present from her EVER!
I've saved every birthday card I've ever gotten. To me, looking back at cards and seeing which people loved you enough to send you one means more to be than how much someone spend on a purse you will probably never use. This is a birthday card from my 6th birthday, from my mommy :).
If I could choose my favorite thing in the world, I would choose photographs. Photographs freeze a moment in time and create and strengthen bonds between people. This photo of my brother and I has been in my room since i can remember, and it never ceases to remind me of our childhood together.

No comments:

Post a Comment